Monday, April 6, 2009

Recent favourite drama series --- Damages

Recently, I was recommended to watch an English drama series called Damages. It is a series about lawyers and it has been quite some time since I finished my old time law series "The Practice" (sigh...until today I still can't find the dvds). The leading actress in Damages is Glenn Close, frankly speaking, this name is not familiar to me, but after watching the 1st episode, I was impressed by her acting. She is just as cool as the character in the story, Patty Hewes.

I remember in the 1st episode, Patty tried to pushed her opponent to reach an out of court settlement and when both parties reached the court house, Patty tricked her opponent into believing that the jury has reached a verdict so the man reluctantly agreed to the figure insisted by Patty. Right after the opponent confirmed the settlement figure with the judge over the phone, he saw one of the juror members walked pass them, so the secret is out. He said angrily to Patty "If you were a man, I would kick the shit out of you!" and Patty shot back at him "If you were a man, I would be worried." What a cool response isn't it? That is so mean to the man hahahaaa....Well, as I was told, this is just a peak of the iceberg in this series and with all the suspense in the story as I have seen so far, I am quite convinced with the statement. I really look forward to the full story of this series and some other powerful lines by Patty Hewes.

How great if there is SOMEONE who would also enjoy this show, then I can share further with the SOMEONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment